I sing to you, hoping you will hear me, I talk, hoping you will listen. I fall to my knees expecting your hand to help me to my feet. I lie down, hoping your hand will rest on my shoulders. I smile, hoping you will see me. I ask a question, hoping you will answer. I run, hoping you will run with me, but you didn't. Not once, not ever.But now my voice is broken, and you're ready to listen. I'm in loss for words, and you want me to talk. My knees are bleeding, I look up, and there you are. I lay alone for several nights, and turn over, there you are, hand on my shoulder, praying with me. I am crying, and you finally see. I am out of questions, because you have now answered all of my prayers. I run, not alone, but hand in hand with you. Trying to adjust to the light, makes it hard for me, but I now know I was never alone, not once, not ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment